Over 7 years of experience in real estate with more than 5 years in multifamily acquisitions and asset management. Expertise in finding value in Multifamily opportunities. Identified, underwrote, and oversaw the acquisition process of over $180M of quality multifamily investments (10+ Assets) and still growing. Ran the execution of each business plan in the portfolio. His average IRR in portfolio is more than 20% Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering(Hons) from Science University of Malaysia and MBA from the University of South Adelaide (Australia).
[00:01 - 03:56] Opening Segment
- Get to know James Kandasamy
- Passive investor and general partner
- Grab a copy of Passive Investing In Commercial Real Estate
[03:57 - 11:36] Hidden Risks in Multifamily Syndications You Might Not Know About
- How James managed his deals as a single GP
- Deals that are a little riskier for their passive investors
- Why investment structures are very key
- Partnerships are absolutely a good thing
- Something is hidden in your paperwork
- Drawing down a capital account
[11:37 - 25:49] Private Placement Memorandum
- On, On, and Off
- Changing your entire investment structure
- What is PPM for?
- “People use us, right?”
- All about risk
- Make sure to take care of your investors.
- The Key in Dealing with Investors is…
- Learn The Detail Investment Structure and How to See it through his website, www.passiveinvestinginrealestate.com
[25:50 - 38:43] Closing Segment
- Quick break for our sponsors
- Groundfloor offers short-term, high-yield real estate debt investments to the general public. Check www.passivewealthstrategy.com/groundfloor/ to get started.
- What is the best investment you've ever made other than your education?
- Deals bought in one geography
- James’s worst investment
- What is the most important lesson that you've learned in business and investing?
- “Add value to others.”
- Connect with my guest. See the links below.
“True cash flow is always low risk compared to exit cash because no one knows what's gonna happen in the next five years.” - James Kandasamy
“Just go and read very carefully, how is the operational cash flow being distributed?” - James Kandasamy
“It's all about risk.” - James Kandasamy
Invest passively in multiple commercial real estate assets such as apartments, self storage, medical facilities, hotels and more through https://www.passivewealthstrategy.com/crowdstreet/
Participate directly in real estate investment loans on a fractional basis. Go to www.passivewealthstrategy.com/groundfloor/ and get ready to invest on your own terms.
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes